Saturday, August 8, 2009

What is Faith?

The dictionary defines it as such:

FAITH (noun):
1. confidance or trust in a person or thing
2. belief that is not based on proof
3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion
4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.
5. a system of religious belief
6. the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement, ect.
7. the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath, allegiance, etc.
8. Christian Theology. the trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ and the Scriptures be which humans are justified or saved.
(www.dictionary.com)

Faith can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. My faith means a whole lot to me; your faith should mean a whole lot to you. No matter whom or what your faith is in.

I know this:
I have faith in God...not a god or a religion.

I have faith in my family...I am so blessed to have a family that loves me no matter what happens in my life.

I have faith in myself...which is something that I've recently realized. I've made some REALLY stupid mistakes in my life, my mear quarter of a century that I have been on earth. I have faith in myself that I will make plenty more! I am not perfect, I am human. I was made in the image of God, but I am not God. I cannot control what happens in life, but I can continue to have faith in everything that I do.

And it's amazing what peace you can have when you know you have your Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment