Saturday, August 15, 2009

What do you Believe?

When religion comes up in conversation people are often asked what church they go to...are you Catholic, Baptist, Lutheran, non-denominational, etc.

What does it matter? I am a Christian. And that's always my answer. I was raised in a certain denomination and I may attend a certain church...but being Baptist or Catholic DOES NOT define my beliefs or my faith. I am a Christian, period.

Now, I believe that if you choose to attend church you should go to one that closely mirrors your own beliefs. Not the beliefs that other people have and definitely not the ones you were spoonfed growing up in church. No, you need to get down on your knees and get into the Word and come to a place that you know what you believe and why you believe it and be able to back it up with Scripture...not an "well I think."

Because it truly doesn't matter what WE think. In the end we are all subject to the same judgement.

Too many people are judgemental these days, especially when it comes to "oh, you're Church of Christ" or "you're a Catholic?" who cares?!? We all love and worship the same God, the ONE and ONLY GOD. Why can't we all get along?

People have the right to have an opinion to what they believe, be it ultimately right or wrong...God is the only judge there is. What right does anyone have to judge someone about their faith based on what church they go to? We are sinners, we have no right to judge at all.

I have faith in what I believe in. And it came at a stiff price...paid with blood. Through Jesus' death and resurrection I am saved, my sins are forgiven. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be, but I am a child of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment